At BB&C, we give back. Service is part of our core culture, and our spirit of giving extends beyond the firm. Collectively and independently, BB&C partners, associates, and staff strive to create a better community through civic involvement and pro bono work.
Over the past decade, BB&C has donated more than 1,700 hours of legal services and over $25,000 to greater Lafayette organizations. Examples include:
- Almost Home Humane Society
- American Heart Association
- Riley Children’s Hospital
- Salvation Army Giving Tree (8 Angel Sponsorships)
- Special Olympics of Tippecanoe County
- Wounded Warrior Project
In addition, the firm serves as corporate counsel for several nonprofits, including Habitat for Humanity of Lafayette, The Fitzgerald Foundation, and Joyful Journey.
Joyful Journey’s founder was a BB&C client who decided to open an adult day center after losing her mother to Alzheimer’s. Inspired by her story, BB&C offered pro bono assistance with acquiring and re-zoning real estate, and the firm worked with the city of West Lafayette on variances and code compliance. BB&C recently completed its multiple-year project for Joyful Journey—work that resulted in a new, permanent day center for adults with cognitive disabilities. With BB&C’s help (which included more than 350 hours—approximately $40,000 worth—of legal services), Joyful Journey became a legal nonprofit 501(c)3 organization and was able to open the day center July 31, 2015, debt free. The center assists adults with Alzheimer’s, dementia, Down syndrome and other cognitive and physical disabilities, and it provides support for family members and caretakers.
BB&C encourages employees to get involved by offering 1.5 hours of weekly volunteer time, special summer hours to promote family time, and a dollar-for-dollar matching program for donations collected on behalf of designated charities each month.
Outside the office, BB&C employees support a variety of community groups and serve on boards and committees aimed at improving the arts, education, childhood development, historical preservation, and more:
- Greater Lafayette Art Museum Foundation
- Greater Lafayette Children’s Choir (merged with Bach Chorale Society)
- United Way of Greater Lafayette
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Wabash Valley
- Purdue University Community Relations Advisory Committee
- Tippecanoe County Historical Association Foundation
- St. Alexis Orthodox Church
- Connection Point Church
- White Horse Christian Center
At BB&C, community involvement and pro bono work are central to the firm’s values. Serving others isn’t an obligation—it’s an honor.